Hotel News: SAHARA Las Vegas Unveils Newly Remodeled Suites, Omni Fort Lauderdale Hotel Booking Groups Ahead of 2025 Opening
An iconic Las Vegas hotel recently launched an entire tower of upgraded guest suites, and a new meetings hotel in Fort Lauderdale has announced it is accepting group bookings ahead of its highly anticipated opening in two years.
SAHARA Las Vegas
As part of its ongoing $200 million property-wide transformation, SAHARA Las Vegas has been busy remodeling its Marra Tower guest suites, designed to enhance the visitor experience with luxury and comfort. The resort recently unveiled 779 of the Tower’s 1108 suites, which have been upgraded with premium amenities and elegant finishes and details such as brass inlays and marble accents.
Besides high ceilings and Strip and mountain views, each suite features a Nespresso machine, a Grohe dual rain-head and handheld shower system and automated blackout draperies. Marra Tower guests can also take advantage of complimentary access to the Alexandria Fitness Studio, Amina Spa steam room and amenities, VIP check-in and more.
“SAHARA Las Vegas epitomizes the timeless soul of Las Vegas, including a commitment to stunning design, impeccable service and an unparalleled guest experience,” said Paul Hobson, general manager, SAHARA Las Vegas. “We can’t wait to welcome guests to this new level of opulence, where every stay is transformed into an unforgettable experience.”
The refreshed Marra Tower Suites include:
- Marra Style Signature – The Legendary Suite: Featuring stunning views facing the South Las Vegas Strip, this spacious, 1,075-square-foot suite features a living room, a dining area, a powder room, a master bedroom and a bathroom.
- Marra Style Signature One Bedroom King Suite: Offering a sizable 730-sq.-ft. layout, this suite offers additional seating, a separate bedroom, living area and sweeping views.
- Marra Style Signature Accessible One Bedroom Suite: With expansive views, this luxurious and accessible 730-square-foot suite offers a visual light notification for the doorbell.
- Marra Style Signature Junior Suite: This 540-square-foot suite offers additional seating, mountain or South Strip-facing views and more.
- Marra Style Signature Accessible Junior Suite: Similar to the Accessible One Bedroom Suite, this luxurious 540-square-foot suite includes a visual light notification for the doorbell.
- Marra Style+ King: This luxurious 360-square-foot guest room features a king bed and breathtaking views.
- Marra Style+ Queen: Offering two queen-sized beds, this 360-square-foot guest room also offers stunning views.
Offering 1,613 guest rooms and suites in three distinctive towers, SAHARA Las Vegas features more than 85,000 square feet of flexible meeting and event space, a 60,000-square-foot casino, AZILO Ultra Pool, two rooftop pools and a collection of acclaimed restaurants, bars and entertainment venues. The casino resort is a minority-owned business certified by the Western Regional Minority Supplier Development Council.
Omni Fort Lauderdale Hotel
The Omni Fort Lauderdale Hotel is now accepting group booking requests for 2026 and beyond and has tapped industry veteran Aaron Weegar as its director of sales and marketing. Set to open in late 2025, the new 29-story hotel will be connected directly to the Broward County Convention Center, which is currently undergoing a major expansion and renovation project.
The anticipated property will offer 801 guest rooms and suites, multiple restaurants, a vibrant rooftop bar, a sprawling pool, a spa and a fitness center. The hotel will also have more than 120,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and event space, including a grand ballroom, a junior ballroom, 25 breakout rooms and pre-function meeting space with waterfront views.
“Omni is thrilled to be back in South Florida and to have Aaron on board to launch this incredible hotel and lead our pre-opening team,” said Dan Surette, chief sales officer for Omni Hotels & Resorts. “He’s an industry veteran with a tremendous amount of experience within the Florida meetings and conventions arena.”
Weegar brings more than 20 years of hospitality experience to his new role at the Omni Fort Lauderdale Hotel. He has served in notable roles at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort and Spa, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin in Lake Buena Vista, The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa in Hollywood Beach and the Caribe Royal All-Suites Hotel and Convention Center in Orlando.
“Having held several leadership positions in hospitality across the state, it is an honor to be at the forefront of major change in Fort Lauderdale and introduce a unique and modern experience to the South Florida meetings and conventions market,” Weegar said. “The county’s $1.3 billion investment in both the Omni Fort Lauderdale Hotel and expansion of the Broward County Convention Center will enhance the appeal of this great destination on a global scale. We look forward to the opportunity to greet guests from all over with a taste of local flavor.”
The Broward County Convention Center expansion will include an additional 525,000+ square feet for a total of 1,200,000 square feet of overall meeting space. There will also be significant upgrades to the facility, including advanced conference technology offerings.
Have some corporate event-related hotel news to share? Please send announcements and high-resolution images to firstname.lastname@example.org.